The Harvey Norman NSW Sky Blues have four debutants among the 17 players named by head coach Kylie Hilder today for the 2022 Ampol Women’s State of Origin match at Canberra’s GIO Stadium on Friday 24 June.
St George Illawarra Dragons pair of fullback Emma Tonegato and halfback Rachael Pearson, join Sydney Roosters back-rower Olivia Kernick and Newcastle Knights prop Caitlan Johnston as the four new faces in this year’s 17.
Eleven players were in the 2021 Origin side, while Kirra Dibb (2019), Shaylee Bent (2020) and Sam Bremner (2018) are making their returns to the Sky Blues.
HARVEY NORMAN NSW SKY BLUES SQUAD – GIO STADIUM, CANBERRA, FRIDAY 24 JUNE
1. Emma Tonegato (St George Illawarra Dragons)
2. Yasmin Clydsdale (Sydney Roosters)
3. Jess Sergis (Sydney Roosters)
4. Isabelle Kelly (Sydney Roosters)
5. Tiana Penitani (Parramatta Eels)
6. Kirra Dibb (Newcastle Knights)
7. Rachael Pearson (St George Illawarra Dragons)
8. Simaima Taufa (Parramatta Eels)
9. Keeley Davis (St George Illawarra Dragons)
10. Millie Boyle (Newcastle Knights)
11. Kezie Apps (c) (St George Illawarra Dragons)
12. Shaylee Bent (St George Illawarra Dragons)
13. Hannah Southwell (Newcastle Knights)
14. Quincy Dodd (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Sarah Togatuki (Sydney Roosters)
16. Caitlan Johnston (Newcastle Knights)
17. Olivia Kernick (Sydney Roosters)
18. Sam Bremner*
19. Teagan Berry (St George Illawarra Dragons)
20. Filomina Hanisi (Parramatta Eels)
21. Talei Holmes (St George Illawarra Dragons)
22. Corban Baxter (Sydney Roosters)
*Sam Bremner was not contracted with a NRLW club in 2021, but plays for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in the Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership.
The Sky Blues arrived in Canberra on Monday to finish preparations for the fifth Women’s State of Origin game, since the re-branding in 2018 of the former Interstate Challenge game between NSW-QLD.
Blatchys tickets are still available and selling fast. Secure your seats now!